I was overwhelmed with a strong sense of sadness, disappointment, and
anger after reading the article “Violent debate on women’s right in Pakistan:
Female Minister of Welfare Shot Dead.” I
was extremely sad for Mrs. Usman’s husband and family because they lost a loved
one who was trying to help the public. I
was also saddened by the acts of violence women face in Pakistan and the way
their government handles these attacks on women. Although the government says they are “handling
the situations” women are still being attacked for working and the men who commit
these horrendous acts of violence still continue to go unpunished which
disappoints, angers, and disgusts me. People are bombing girls’ schools in addition
to threatening female health workers while the offenders receive a slap on the
hand for killing women and female relatives.
What are they going to do when they kill off the female population? It’s
disheartening to know that women in Pakistan whom work outside their home have
to be worried about being assassinated just as much as women in politics. These women are working to take care of their
families and being murdered for it. I
am also angered by the fact that the man who killed Mrs. Usman used religion to
justify him murdering her. I think Mr. Sarwar should have let his God
pass judgment on Mrs. Usman instead of killing her in cold blood based on his
interpretation of the Koran. It also
angers me to no end that Mr. Sarwar was not in jail since “he confessed to
killing at least 4 women and wounding 4 others” (Montero). He’s killing someone’s mother, daughter,
sister, child and/ or wife. These women
are not hurting anyone so I do not see the point of all this violence against
women who work.
Montero, David. “Violent
debate on women’s right in Pakistan: Female Minister of Welfare Shot Dead.”
I feel lucky to be a woman living in America considering the injustice they recieve in other countries. It saddened me as well to read about Mrs. Urman. Sadly the Bible, the Koran and other holy books are interpreted in wrongful ways all the time. How Mr. Sarwan can get away with murder is dispicable!
ReplyDelete